Saturday, June 9, 2012

Washington D.C. part 1!

Our wonderful Uncle Hank took Gracie and I last week on an incredible trip to Washington D.C. :) Here are some of the highlights of our trip! :D
The mountain are always beautiful to drive through :)
It was a two day trip, but we finally made it to D.C.! :D
The first night we got there they had a huge Memorial Day concert. It was very neat and the music was fantastic! Sadly, we had to leave early because they announced a huge storm was coming... What we got to see and hear though was still wonderful!
The Capital looked so pretty all lit up at night! :)
The next morning we all headed out to the Metro to go and visit a bunch of the Smithsonian museums.
Aww :) :P
The Washington Monument looks so close, but it's actually, I think, 1 to almost two miles away... It's crazy...

We saw a lot of really neat things in the Museum! :)


The beautiful Hope Diamond.
Earrings worn by Marie Antoinette, the diamonds were around as big as a quarter... :P I can't even imagine!
This was honestly almost as big as the hope diamond, it just wasn't blue... :)
We saw a bunch of incredible bronze and marble statues... They were all incredible to look at.
This was suppose to be Young John the Baptist.
A beautiful painting... There were so many incredible paintings there! If you click on the photo it will blow it up for you. Look at the tears on Mary's face. I couldn't believe how real and wet they looked.

My favorite painting. :) I can't remember who painted it or what it was suppose to be of, but I just loved the painting!



We went through this really cool tunnel. I had to get a picture. It felt like space or something..


Looking at all the BEAUTIFUL surroundings in every building... It was incredible!
Heading home on the metro again! There was one long day! :D I'll have more to follow hopefully soon, but things have been incredibly busy since getting home. Hopefully I can post more tomorrow. :)

Peace!

1 comment:

Elle said...

Haha, it's the "Night at the Museum" museum, right?!