Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tornado pix 1 Wow...


Hello everyone! Well! We had a very exciting night and day today on the Third Day Farm. Whew! I'll try to start from the beginning... 
I'm fast asleep and suddenly I'm awoken up by mom throwing my door open and yelling at me to get the to the boys bathroom (safest room in the house) because there is a huge storm hitting. That horrible spasm attack hits after being woken up that way, so I lung out of bed and grope my way through the dark hallway where everyone else is going. Our power had gone out so everything was pitch black and we had a rough time finding any flash lights... Figures that would happen when a storm hits.. ;) After waiting for the storm to calm down for about 45 minutes we finally felt it was safe enough and all went back to our beds. Next thing I know my phone is buzzing and waking me up again. Groggy and half asleep I answered the phone, it was my cousin Clara. She was calling because she's been incubating eggs and with the power out she didn't have any way to keep the eggs warm. She had been hoping our generator had kicked on and we would have some power, but our generator battery was completely dead. Long story short I got up and found a car thing that plugs into the cigarette lighter and you can then plug a wall plug into it. I figured she could use it to plug in the incubator. Anyway, by the time I had done that and then talk with her about the storm it was 4 in the morning. It had been 3 when she called. ;) She ended up borrowing Jeannie and Papa's generator from their house and she and her dad got it to work. Next morning we woke up to quite a surprise outside . . . Apparently a tornado had gone through Edgar Springs and wiped out the Fuel 63 gas station and then lifted and passed over the farm and then hit the farm right next to us. We still got a LOT of the wind from the tornado though and out of all the families on the farm, our area was hit the worst. So here are some pictures for ya. :) And I know I seem all light about it all, but mainly it's because it was such an adventure and thankfully no one on the farm or the animals were harmed. :)

The Grey Barn's roof has been dented in from all the wind. It's quite a sight... 


A little bit of metal peeled from the barn.
This is the spot where a little garden shed use to sit. As you can see, it no longer does...

Apparently there were a bunch of painted rocks in the shed because I found them all over the yard. lol

Boards and metal from the shed were spread across the yard. 

Frame work wrapped around one of our fruit trees.

The shed... Yeah... 
Here's where the shed landed. The white house clear in the background is
where the shed use to sit behind. Somehow it blew all the way over here
and missed hitting our orchard which is directly behind the shed in this pix. 

Tree limbs are everywhere :(

So, so sad... This tree was so beautiful and it always had birds in it :(
Now it's completely destroyed.. :(

The other half of the pine tree. :(

An old rotted oak tree came down and thankfully feel away from the fence that it was next to. :)
My little goats have been enjoy climbing all over the tree. :)

Soon as the boys finished seeing all the damage they went out and started
cleaning up the yard the best they could for now. It's going to take a lot of clean up work to
have everything looking "normal" again

It's kind of hard to see it, but if you look at the tree you'll notice where a limb had been.
Sadly the limb that came off this tree was the one that had our tire swing on it. 
Well, that's all the pictures on the farm that I have. I'll post more pictures tomorrow if I can of the damage that happened in Edgar Springs. Stay tuned! :) ;)

No comments: