Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Girl's day out!

Hello fellow bloggers,
Here's an update real quick on what's been going on lately in my life. 

Saturday morning Ashley, Clara and I all headed out for a girl's day of eating lunch at Panera, shopping around Rolla, and heading out to Ashley's place to see her new house. We had so much fun together laughing and catching up with each other's lives. I miss our goofy days when we girls would get together as soon as we were "free" and head out on the farm to play all day long. I thank God that he has kept us all close together through the years. I couldn't think of more amazing girls to have as my best friends, cousins and sisters in heart. You girls are amazing, beautiful, godly women. I love you both! 
 When we girls were finished shopping I suggested that we head out to our local humane society. Ever since we girls were young, our favorite thing to do was to stop by the humane society and visit the animals. Jeannie (our grandma) use to be the one to cart us around town for "Jeannie dates" as we've always called them. I laugh when I think about how much she had to put up with in the car on those drives around town. We girls, laughing like crazy in the back, blaring music, and taking pictures and videos the whole time. Jeannie, we missed you on our girls day out. We thought and talked about you! :)  Thank you for those precious memories that you gave us during our younger years.
 Here's some of the little cuties that were at the humane society. We haven't been there for probably close to 6 years! It was so much fun going back again! We will have to do it in the future. :)
 This dog was so sweet! Someone should get him!
 This little guy was really cute, but there was a sign on his cage that said he might bite, so we didn't try to pet him...
 Sweetest kitten ever! This little one wouldn't shut up the whole time we were in the there. She kept mewing like crazy. She wanted out so badly! If anyone is looking for an adorable kitten, this one is a keeper! She kept reaching out to us and smashing her face up against the bars trying to us to take her. I must say it was really hard to leave her.
Saying goodbye... Sigh... She would actually wrap her paws around my hand and hang on. I hope she goes to a good home soon!

Well, there's our trip in a nutshell. We girls had a lot of fun and made some great memories. Hopefully we girls can get together again before Ashley's baby is born and then after baby is born. :) 

Until next time people! 

1 comment:

Farm Kids said...

I see you're making good use of *my* sweater........*ehem* !!