Thursday, August 4, 2011

Happy 25th Anniversary!


June 26th 25 years ago my parents were joined in holy matrimony. They have gone through the better or worse, richer or poorer, sickness and in health and come through shining in everything. My parents, to me, are the best example of a loving, happy married couple. 25 years and 7 kids later they are still just has happy as the day they got married.

My father - a patient, loving, wise man. I love him so much. He has stood up and cared for this family with everything in him. I remember going upstairs to his office and finding him wrapped up in a heat blanket, with an ice pad around his head, working, even through his illness. He went through Lyme disease, we almost lost him, but dad was going to die with his boots on if that's what was going to happen. He wanted to make sure that he gave our family all that we needed if he was going to leave us. My dad, through Christ's healing, is much better nowadays. He loves to plan parties, have story time with the kids and create special activities for the whole family to enjoy. He is a wise man and a loving husband and father. I can't imagine a better expression of a man's love then the one my dad has given me. I love you daddy!

My mother - a beautiful, wonderful mother! A great cook and she loves all of us kids so much! She is the strongest Christian woman I know and her love for God shines through in everything she does. She is the woman I look up to most in my life. Someday I hope to be like her. Her dedication and love towards my dad through his illness is probably the thing that stands out to me the most. Through the horrible years of that illness she stood strong and loved my dad with an undying love. She kept things together in the family and made sure that everyone's needs were taken care of. Thank you mom for showing me how to be a wonderful mother and wife someday. I love you!

No comments: