Saturday, March 3, 2012

On the day after the tornado hit we ended up having some really strong winds left over from the storm. As I was walking into the house from the car I was seriously having to fight against the wind to get into the house. In doing that it reminded me of wonderful memories from my childhood. :) 

When we first moved onto the farm my mom took all of we little kids and our cousins outside with bed sheets and told us that when the wind is super windy you can fly if you have a bed sheet to catch the wind. ;) Of course we kids completely believed her and all went outside bracing ourselves against the wind. We would try jumping off of hay bales, running towards the wind, trying to stand still while the wind tried to knock us over. Haha, those days are some of my best memories. I can remember trying so hard to "fly" with Clara. We would both hold a corner of a big bed sheet and brace ourselves against the wind. Anytime it was strong enough to push us back or knock us over we would get super excited! We would start screaming and laughing and get all excited because THAT time we had ALMOST flown. ;) 

Anyway, since my other siblings have grown up they never got the chance to try "flying" so I ran inside that afternoon and came out with two big blankets and Grace and I showed the kids how to fly. :) Grace and I laughed and had so much fun trying to fight against the wind. :) It was incredibly strong and literally threw us back a couple of times. We made great memories that day and had a lot of fun! So here are some pictures of us "flying" :D


Braden, taking off with a large pillow case. 

Gracie and I trying to walk forward with the wind pushing against us :)

Memories captured for a lifetime :)

I felt like a little kid again! It was the most incredible feeling in the world!

Even Drew had fun with it. Although he couldn't understand how on earth Clara
and I had spent hours doing it when we were little. :P She and I were much more
gullible then Drew and seriously thought we would fly ;)

Art :)

The sky was so beautiful that day!

Spring is on it's way! Have a blessed day! 

No comments: